One of the great privileges of running this blog is connecting with like-minded women (and men!) across the globe that I would likely have never met in everyday life. Whether it’s a quick conversation in DM’s about a shared passion or catching up over coffee and realizing we have a world in common the connectivity this platform brings is one of my favorite aspects of sharing a part of my life online.
As we make our Christmas lists this year, it’s more important than ever to shop small. So here are a few of my absolute favorite small businesses that make pieces perfect for surprising and delighting those you love most this holiday season.
- Daydress ethically produces crisp cotton dresses that are block printed by hand in Jaipur and I go weak in the knees for all her designs – including this shirtdress (seen here) and this sundress!
- Heidi Wynne makes the best classic fisherman sweater – an essential in every wardrobe (man or woman!)
- Hwang Bishop creates super-custom lamps out of her Rhode Island Studio and I used a lot of her creations while decorating the Sarah Flint popup last year. She’s currently working on a pair of Leila lamps for me and I couldn’t be more excited!
- Haverhill makes custom jewelry pieces that are sure to become the your loved one’s go-to gems for everyday wear. She has wonderful birthstone necklaces and bracelets that can be customized to represent family member’s birthday, or classic pieces like this bracelet that truly go with everything!
- Stuck on Hue is a favorite source for custom pillows in fabulous, to-the-trade fabrics. I bought a pair of these Lee Jofa Althea pillows last spring and they make me so happy every time I look at them!
- Dave Money‘s handsome handmade tote bags feature vintage Pendleton blankets and other textiles and are a wonderful gift for the guy in your life! I designed this one for my brother for his birthday in July and couldn’t recommend working with Dave more. (DM him for ordering details.)
- Pamela Munson is the queen of straw accessories and would make a fabulous gift for the snowbird in your life. I especially love her pearl clutch and straw hats!
- Charlotte Brody – Gorgeous pieces made right in the heart of NYC, Charlotte Brody’s collection is ideal for your most special occasions. (I mean – this top!)
- Simon Pearce is based out of Vermont and makes beautiful handblown glassware. Their Vintner’s collection of wine glasses are my absolute favorite and we use this glass several times a week- perfect for the wine enthusiast in your life.
- Lake Pajamas – Super soft and oh-so-cozy, Lake’s pajamas and matching robes are a must for Christmas morning and beyond!
- Sarah Flint – This small but mighty brand is the ultimate gifting destination for the women in your life. Timeless styles luxuriously crafted by the same hands that produce footwear for all the top luxury brands, Sarah Flints like this will never disappoint when discovered under the tree.