Since this blog focuses on getting lost in other lands and my favorite finds for your home and wardrobe I thought I’d start a “At Home and Abroad” series detailing new destinations I’m adding to my bucket list and other bits that I’m excited about.
With a public health crisis looming, I’ve found that I’ve naturally been focusing more on putting the finishing touches on our new(ish) apartment. David and I spend a lot of time here since we both work from home – quarantined or not – so I’ve been trying to make it as beautiful and functional as possible. Heavily influenced by my recent visit to La Mirande in France, here are some of my favorite recent finds for whether you’re at home or abroad!
- After what feels like ages I found the perfect apartment-sized armchairs that have a small footprint and traditional shape (why are most modern?!) I can’t wait for our pair to arrive in early April!
- Dreaming of spring tablescapes and currently thinking of adding a few more Herend bunnies (this is the best source for deals on them!) and affordable cabbageware from Bordallo Pinheiro to my collection.
- After discovering Soane Britian collaborated on the redesign of Cobblers Cove in Barbados last fall I’ve been desperate to book a warm weather trip!
- J.McLaughlin’s spring collection is their best yet and I’d definitely pack this vintage-inspired dress and coat for spring break!
- I’ve been giving this candle (made by the world’s oldest candlemaker) as a gift recently and love the packaging so much I don’t want to burn my own!
- I cannot say enough good things about our new Matouk bedding! We went from living like total savages with a blanket stapled to our window as a curtain to our bedroom being my favorite space in our apartment. Original post here in case you missed it.
- If we’re all going to be quarantined to prevent the spread of Coronavirus this will make working from bed, er – I mean home – more enjoyable!
- These toile loafers!! Need I say more?! (20% off with code “FriendsofStacie”)
- I collect blue opaline glassware and flow blue china, this Richard Ginore coin tray combines the best of both.
- Why did it take me so long to buy an umbrella stand? I’ll be ready for April showers with this standing in our entry. It works in almost any decor scheme and is only $75!
AT HOME AND ABROAD: