A bit more back ground on the photo above that I just posted on Instagram. The property is one of my favorite country house hotels in England called Babington House. Even though it’s a part of Soho House, a private members club, they welcome non-members and it’s a beautiful place to put at the top of your bucket list when it’s safe enough to travel again. (Full blog post from my visit with Robyn can be found here.)
I really appreciate everyone who has responded to my question in IG stories: “Why do you follow my IG/blog?” The responses have been so lovely and encouraging, and so many of you said you share my love of timeless, classic style and investing in quality pieces that you can wear for years if not decades. While I know many of us are saving rather than spending right now, if you need of a little retail therapy I’ve rounded up classic pieces I have in my own wardrobe that are on major sale alongside a few pieces I’ve been eyeing at incredible prices.
- First of all, Sarah Flint is hosting her first ever online sample sale and it’s full favorites. These navy sneakers would be great for daily walks and the emma heels can be worn with denim now or with summer workwear later when we all get back to the office. These raffia loafer espadrilles are great at home shoes and so so comfortable for summer trips with lots of walking. (I wore them constantly on my trip to Lisbon last spring, which you can read about here.)
- J.Crew is offering a rare sale on cashmere this weekend, and 40% off almost everything else. I’ve been eyeing these heels which are now just $106 and bought these vintage shorts in ochre on major sale. (Order one size down – SO cute!)
- Nordstrom deeply discounted a bunch of favorite brands like Ralph Lauren (just got this dress and LOVE it, contemplating this one), Manolo Blahnik heels, and La Ligne sweaters including this, this and this.
- Madewell – I don’t usually shop here but they do make the most perfect denim jacket which I bought last year and is currently 40% off – only $70! It’s slightly cropped and close-fitting (not boyfriend/boxy) which makes it the perfect topper for sundresses. I cannot say enough good things about it, especially at this price.
- Brooks Brothers’ Friends and Family is on with 30% off almost everything. I own this classic trench and the details are beautiful, from the leather buckles to the zip out lining that makes it 3 season appropriate. Other favorites include this sweet dress, this cable knit cashmere (a 4 season wardrobe staple!) and this embroidered knit top. And my favorite winter coat is now 65% off if you’re already planning ahead for next year.
- Moda Operandi – My go to for discovering emerging designers, Moda is offering 30% off many of their spring collections. A few favorites I have my eye on are this white eyelet dress, this stunning blue and white maxi skirt and one of these darling bags.
- Stubbs and Wooton – Their shoes are so comfy and perfect for wearing around the house and this week they’re offering 50% off some of their spring styles. I love these so much, and judging from how many of you DM’d me to say you bought them seems you do too!! (You can always get 20% off full priced styles with code “FriendsofStacie”.)