Even if many of us have more time on our hands right now I have to confess it’s been harder to focus while reading these last few weeks. I’ve been inching my way through a few novels but find that coffee table books are a better fit for my mood – the perfect blend of escapism and bite-sized prose or short essays to enjoy right now. I brought a few of my favorites to the shore and have been adding to my stash while here. From old standbys to new reads here are 10 coffee table books that are equally wonderful whether resting on your coffee table or open on your lap.
- Holiday – David gave me this book as a Christmas present and it is marvelous. A compilation of the best articles and photographs from the old (and now out of print) travel magazine called “Holiday”, it’s full of vintage photography and delicious travel inspiration.
- Beautiful – Mark D. Sikes’ first book is a treasure trove of beautiful, livably colorful rooms. His much-anticipated second book is available for pre-order here!
- Greco Disco – Artist Luke Edward Hall’s whimsical designs always bring a smile to my face and this book is a wonderful survey of his preppy interiors, art, and objets.
- The Bucket List – Almost 500 pages of “adventures big and small” in inspire your next trip when all this is over.
- Botanical Baking – Learn how to use edible flowers in everything from cookies to cakes just in time for Mother’s Day.
- William Morris’s Flowers – This book came out last fall just as I was designing the Sarah Flint popup shop in Soho (which I filled with William Morris prints!) and features page after page of this celebrated British designer’s textiles.
- Terrain – Ideas and inspiration for decorating your home and garden, wonderful inspo for indoor/outdoor living as the weather warms up!
- At Home in the English Countryside: Designers and Their Dogs – The second book by Susanna Salk and Stacey Bewkes documenting decorators and their much beloved pets -this time throughout England.
- Super Simple – 125 easy recipes that don’t require a lot of time or fancy tools to create beautiful meals for your loved ones – perfect for injecting creativity into your quarantine dinners.
- Equestrian Life – From riding houses to country estates across England, Scotland and Ireland this book is a stunning visual study of the equestrian life.
Paravel Tote c/o (10% of proceeds support Direct Relief, providing PPE to healthcare workers) // Cashmere Pullover (one left!) // Oxford Shirt // White Jeans c/o // Stubbs and Wootton Loafers c/o (20% off with code “FriendsofStacie”) // Navy Blanket