We have home projects on our minds as we prepare for the baby and David works on redoing our exterior before the weather gets cold. I love a collected home, and while most of our furniture and decor are antiques or secondhand (I’m heading to Maine to pick up a pair of twin wicker headboards right after I publish this!), I always try to mix new pieces into every room to keep things looking fresh, especially new lighting and upholstery. So this Labor Day weekend I wanted to share some of my favorite home purchases that are currently on sale in case you are looking to spruce up your space a bit as we head into fall. (The photos are from 4 different homes that we’ve lived in over the last 3 years. You can see more photos under the interiors section of the blog here.)
- I love the linens on the table above, especially during autumn and winter as they make even simple white china feel special. Through Sunday, Sept 3rd, the tablecloth and napkins are an extra 25% off with code “SUNSET25”, making it the perfect time to stock up for fall entertaining! The fabric also comes in placemats, a round tablecloth, and more so you can see the whole collection here! (If the product photos look familiar it’s because I took them!)
- I have two of these blue and white lamps in my dining room and they are simply gorgeous. I love that the “white” is actually a warm gray so they look old (and more expensive) than many blue and white ceramic options. The lamp is US compatible, but you’ll want one of their UK style 17.5″ shades to go with it.
- This mirror looks good in any space. (I have used it in my living room, office, and now dining room.) It has presence without being overwhelming and I love the patina of the gilt frame. It has little bits of green in it (to look oxidized) and is currently hanging above my dining room fireplace, but I am considering buying another for our living room while it’s on sale I love it that much.
- I use this green chair at my desk and it’s so comfortable, plus I love the exposed frame at the back which provides visual detail when looking at it from behind.
- These black side tables flank our master bed and make fantastic little nightstands when you’re short on space.
- This lounge chair is so insanely comfortable and comes in performance fabrics which means they still look brand new even after years of use. I have it in two colors (a green stripe in our office, and a blue stripe in our master).
- This rattan bar cart is super versatile, we’ve used it as a bar, as an entry table, and it currently stands in our master bath to serve as very pretty storage.
- This marble and brass side table stands between two armchairs in our living room and is just so handsome, and blends with most decor styles.
- We have a pair of these brass swing arm sconces in our guest room and they’re great for spaces where you don’t have enough room for a normal table lamp. (Especially when you add a pretty pleated shade!)
- I have several of these brass floor lamps throughout our home, standing next to chairs and on either side of our living room sofa. They are pricey so I always wait for them to go on sale and this is the best price I’ve seen. They have such a small footprint you can tuck them almost anywhere and cast a nice glow for reading.
- We have two sets of these sheets and they are the softest sheets you’ll ever use. Our guests always mention how fabulous they are plus they’re made with organic cotton, and free from toxins, harmful pesticides, and GMOs.
- Many of our bedroom rugs have come from Annie Selke, and you can get 20% off this weekend with code “HAPPYHOME”. We own and love this striped rug and this patchwork pattern as a runner, and the 2×3 version of this ikat pattern (only $73!) is in our guest bath.