I big part of my wardrobe building strategy can be summed up this way : I identify the evergreen pieces in a brand’s collection that they produce year after year, and buy them when they’re on sale at the end of the season. Simple as that! It helps build a classic wardrobe (if they make something every year it must have staying power!) for the least cost, because why would you pay $300 for this coat next fall when you can snag it for $150 now? J.Crew just announced a major sale which includes tons of evergreen items (they’ve been making this coat every year since 2009 and this skirt is an annual favorite as well) as some unique but special finds. There’s still several months of winter so I’ve rounded up my favorites below – most of which are under $100!
- Pair this black floral pleated skirt ($60) with this tie neck silk blouse (love the covered buttons!)
- This diamond patterned alpaca turtleneck (so soft!) with this grey wool skirt.
- This cable cardigan feels like a vintage find.
- Only one left of this handsome blazer!
- I’ve had this peacoat (50% off) for years and highly recommend it!
- J.Crew brings out the same tartan classics every holiday season. Now is the time to pick up pieces like these darling flats, this mini skirt (love it so much!), or these pants for 70% off.
- I love this white and red embroidered dress for a warm weather getaway. The details are gorgeous!
- Very tempted by these glitter heels for $90!
- My color of this scarf is sold out but love the two colors remaining and only $27 for an Abraham Moon wool?!
- This gray wool pleated skirt is universally flattering and a working girl’s wardrobe staple.
- These flats look designer but are only $54!
- Love this wool skirt in navy with this Liberty print top in blue and white. (Ordered both!)
- This poppy print 100% silk shirt is only $48!
- A couple wintery lady jackets on sale like this houndstooth version and this tartan one! You’ll love wearing them with denim or over a shift dress!