We had our first crisp day yesterday and it got me in the mood for fall. Nothing ushers in a new season like a few wardrobe updates so here are some favorite transitional pieces that work equally well for the last few days of summer and well into fall/winter.
- J.McLaughlin sent me this beautiful cashmere poncho at the beginning of the summer and I love it paired with white jeans and a clutch for summer evenings. The oatmeal color makes it 4 season appropriate, especially if you live in a warmer climate.
- J.Crew’s major end of season sale has lots of budget friendly gems under $80 like this cardigan ($27!), Liberty of London shirts, a striped midi skirt, a rollneck sweater and I own and love this white mini ($45).
- Sarah Flint’s Semiannual sale is still going on and you can find my favorites here.
- Tory Burch has tons of printed silk pieces on sale that will transition beautifully into fall such as this dress, this shirtdress, and this top.
- I’ve mentioned my love of Alice and Olivia Shift Dresses before and this one in bright pink tweed looks great with a sandal now and paired with a turtleneck and knee high boots come fall.
- Speaking of knee high boots, how perfect is this cognac pair from Loeffler Randall? Goes with anything from miniskirts to jeans and is a classic you’ll reach for year after year, I’ve never seen these exact boots for 30% off so it’s a great time to snap them up.
- This cashmere cardigan is still pricey at 70% off but one you’ll reach for again and again.
- Ralph Lauren has loads of four season classics on sale from these super-soft cashmere cable knit sweaters (size up for a perfect fit) to this eyelet top which can work under winter sweaters with just a hint of lace at the neck and sleeve. I also love this eyelet dress can be worn with a jean jacket and cowboy boots well into fall and these shorts are a little out there but I love them so much!)
- The burgundy pants you all loved from this Instagram are still available in a few sizes!
J.McLaughlin Cashmere Poncho c/o // J.McLaughin Clutch c/o (on sale!) // Brooks Brothers White Jeans c/o // Max Mara Sunglasses // Stubbs and Wootton Loafers c/o 20% off with code “Friendsofstacie”)