While cardigans have long been a go-to in my wardrobe, I’m appreciating them even more while pregnant. There’s nothing like wrapping up in a cozy layer this time of year, and I love that cardigans look great over shirts or even another thin sweater, but I don’t need to worry about sizing up as my waistline rapidly expands. For fall/winter my favorite silhouette is a slightly longer length cardigan with a belt, which always looks chic whether cozied up on the couch or worn out for apres ski drinks. Read on for a round up of my favorite cardigans in a range of silhouettes from around the web.
- I love the chunky knit of this belted cardigan in the loveliest cognac hue. I wore this camel cardigan (on sale!) so many times last winter I knew I’d get a lot of use out of this one too. (They look fabulous over a crisp white button down or tonal thin turtleneck and jeans for effortless dressing!)
- A creamy cardigan is a staple, and this one is done up in the yummiest cashmere. I love how it’s styled on the model, layered over this cable knit vest for a tonal look and to bring up the neckline a bit.
- This color red seems to make everyone’s complexion come alive, and is such a happy hue for fall and the upcoming holidays.
- The floral embroidery on this cardigan will dress up a simple outfit of solids and I LOVE that the flowers wrap around the back. (Having patterns continue on the back of a piece always makes the item look more elevated.) I love this one buttoned up over a long denim skirt.
- I love the country style of British brand Purdey and am always on the hunt for new pieces to add to my wardrobe from them including this luxurious cable cardigan.
- The colored accents on this cardigan are an instant outfit maker, so you look fabulous even if you’re just throwing it on over a tee shirt and jeans.
- The long line of this Missoni cardigan is so elegant. I’d pair with a sleeveless turtleneck and high waisted, wide leg jeans.
- This ochre color and cozy mohair knit is a no brainer for fall but is also super fun for holiday and winter.
- November to February I’m all about fair isle and I love the little collar on this fab fairisle cardigan. (Only $117!) I’d wear it buttoned up as a top over high waisted jeans. (Leave the bottom button or two undone.)
- I am such a sucker for a shawl collar and this sweater gives cozy grampa vibes but looks quite flattering.
- If you lean into wearing lots of black this time of year this checked cardigan will get a ton of use.
- Perhaps a bit early for this black and red fair isle cardigan, but I can’t wait to wear it for the holidays and to cheer me up in deep winter.
Gabriela Hearst Cardigan (use code “first15” for 15% off)