In my opinion, fall is loafer season. Whether it’s because they conjure images of collegiates returning to campus or are simply well suited to middling temperatures where you can still bare your ankles, fall is synonymous with loafers. A handsome match for the season’s slightly more tailored attire, every woman needs at least one pair of loafers in their wardrobe. Whether you go for something iconic or a style with a bit more flair, read on for my favorites from my own wardrobe as well as styles I love at every price point.
- The definition of timeless these horsebit loafers (pictured above) are so comfortable and flattering on the foot. A major splurge but you’ll have them for years (decades?) to come.
- If Gucci isn’t in the budget these are amazingly similar for 1/6 the price – They come in 20+ colors and get amazing reviews. I’m especially drawn to the french burgundy.
- The tiny heel and streamlined silhouette of these loafers give them the perfect level of polish that can be dressed up for the office or down for a day gallery hopping. You really can walk all day in them, and see them styled here and here!
- Called “the originals” for a reason, Weejuns are a New England wardrobe staple. Rumor has it Gwenyth Paltrow kept the pair she wore as Margot in The Royal Tenenbaums.
- I love a preppy penny loafer, and I just bought this suede version in camel for lighter brown looks this fall. (I love the solid suede colors, but would avoid the leopard print, as it looks cheap compared to the suede.)
- It wasn’t until this summer that I discovered that Ann Taylor’s shoes are SO GOOD. These burgundy patent loafers have the perfect profile and are so chic. Pair with jeans for a cool off duty look.
- I love the slightly mod hardware and rich evergreen leather of these loafers.
- We’ve got a lot of fall road trips planned so it might be a good time to invest in driving loafers. This style comes in an array of gorgeous suedes. I’m eyeing the mushroom color.
- A flattering uptown style with sleek penny loafer detailing, these are gorgeous.
- If you’re looking for loafers with a bit of whimsy you know I love my Stubbs.