As we approach November, I’m all about fair isle. The earliest examples of fair isle appeared in the 1850s, adorning fishermen’s caps and sweaters in Scotland’s far northern island of Fair Isle. The now-timeless pattern feels cozy and festive all at once, and is an easy way to add a little pattern to your outfit.
I’ve rounded up my favorites from around the web to carry you through the holidays and beyond!
- You can’t beat the 100% lambswool and $109 price point of this lovely camel and ivory crewneck.
- My Ralph Lauren crewneck comes in a wonderful, all American palette of red and navy which looks perfect thrown on with jeans, or with a chambray shirt with corduroys.
- I have my eye on this gorgeous oatmeal turtleneck as the slightly longer hemline will be perfect with a bump!
- This winter white turtleneck would look so elegant with cream corduroy pants.
- This bright and modern take on fair isle feels happy and holiday ready. Pair with a coat in any of the colors from the weave to create a cohesive look!
- I’ve been stealing David’s sweaters more often these days as my baby bump grows, and am thinking of getting one of these for him and then borrowing a lot over the next few months. 🙂
- Not a sweater, but I just ordered this navy and white fair isle scarf can can’t wait to wear it!
- Love this blue fair isle sweater dress and would pair with black tights and black boots!
- Loving the rich caramel hues and fuzzy alpaca texture of this cardigan.
- The green and plum hues of this v-neck sweater are a soft and feminine take on the look.
- Love this affordable grey mockneck sweater for only $99!
- Pair this navy and green fair isle with a navy peacoat for a nautical look.
- I’d wear this ladylike ivory cardigan over a thin black turtleneck and pair with black skinny jeans and black knee high boots.
- The relaxed fit and muted neutral palette of this turtleneck makes it a yummy autumn/winter layer.
- I have this sweater in brown/ivory and love wearing it for everything from coffee shop dates to a day on the slopes!