I had almost zero chocolate brown in my wardrobe until last fall, then suddenly I was obsessed with it. Softer than black and warmer than navy, deep browns are a beautiful compliment to both autumn foliage and deep winter’s snowy landscapes. I can’t get enough of rich browns this time of year, and am already dipping my toe in with this mod little mini dress (also seen here) and espresso suede ballet flats. I love mixing shades of brown to lighten up an all chocolate look and this classic Ferragamo bag in a latte leather is perfect against the rich chocolate hue. (Full blogpost on my secret source for designer bags at 30-50% off retail here!) I’ve been pleasantly surprised how cute this dress is with a baby bump and look forward to wearing it with a heeled knee high boot as the temperatures drop. Brown pairs beautifully with creams and denim, but also light blue, crimson red, olive greens and royal purple. (I’ll be styling lots of brown looks in the coming weeks!)
Below I’ve rounded up my favorite chocolate-y pieces that I already own, or have my eye on for the coming season. As well as a few lighter shades in case that’s more your thing!
- I’m obsessing over this structured chocolate bucket bag by new label Savette. – So chic! (The cognac color is gorgeous too!)
- I just ordered this brown quilted barn jacket (on sale for $150!) and can’t wait for it to arrive. I’m planning to wear it over an all white look in September, then over a black turtleneck, black shinny denim and black riding boots in late fall.
- I love a striped cardigan (for example) but this brown and black one is the perfect cropped shape to pair with high waisted trousers or a slip dress!
- Is your fall calendar full of weekends in the country? Bring these boots for all your woodland walks.
- I just bought this gorgeous suede tote and it’s so beautiful in person and looks much more expensive than it’s $150 price tag. (But snap it up while it’s on sale!)
- This medium brown quilted shirt jacket just says “weekend at the cabin” to me, but would also look chic at the farmers market.
- A brown herringbone blazer is a wardrobe staple. Wear with a button down, jeans and this cashmere scarf (extra 25% off with code “sunset25”), topped over a chunky sweater or or belted over a dress!
- Love the little bit of sparkle in this knit midi skirt. Would look fab with a thin turtleneck sweater and fabulous belt.
- The perfect cognac brown penny loafer does exist!
- This plaid wool tote is begging to join you on a fall weekend getaway.
- I wore my chocolate suede booties nonstop last fall and winter and highly recommend you add a pair to your wardrobe if you haven’t already! (Also available in a 70mm heel.)
- Ferragamo’s latest collection of bags are just so beautiful, just look at this!
- This brown tattersall barn jacket is so handsome and will look incredible paired with a simple white sweater and jeans, plus yummy chocolate suede accessories.
- I’m a sucker for croc embossed leathers and this chocolate croc belt has pulled together many a fall and winter look. (Examples here, here and here.)
- I’m on the hunt for stiletto heeled pointy toe boots to wear with mini and maxi dresses and love the simplicity and price point of these boots.
- This skirt is office appropriate yet still fun! Pair with a turtleneck with sleeves scrunched to show your wrists, and a fab heel.
- Lighten up a brown look with this cream and cognac belt (extra 25% off with code “Sunset25”), which will look fab over cozy sweater dresses.
- Equestrian styling looks so good in brown and I love a horsebit detail paired with rich brown leather. Two favorite investment pieces include this shoulder bag and these loafers. (Note I’d never wear them at the same time!)
- If you love the look of the Gucci bag above but need a more affordable option this bag (styled as a crossbody) is a similar look and a fraction of the price.
- Keep the brown accents subtle this this textural necklace under a crisp white shirt.
- These low heeled boots are on their way (I bought the toffee) and can’t wait to wear them with casual looks all fall.