Here we go with the everyday looks! Sunday was true to its name this week and so so gorgeous. Every spring I find myself gravitating towards yellow as the happiest, cheeriest color in my closet. I purchased these yellow sailor shorts on sale last week (under they’re still available in every size) and couldn’t wait to pull them out. (They run a tiny bit big so recommend buying them one size down.) If you’re hesitant to wear such a strong color I recommend pairing bold hues with subtler neutrals and this ivory turtleneck and woven handbag and loafers almost feel monochromatic when put together.
A few notes on what makes this outfit work: I love pairing shorts with a sweater (recently seen here) because the volume of a sweater on top balances bare legs well. (As a rule, if I’m showing more skin on top, I’ll wear longer pants or a skirt on the bottom, and vice versa.) The key to wearing an oversized sweater here is pulling up the sleeves so you can still see the most delicate part of your arm (your wrist) ensuring the knit doesn’t overwhelm your figure. Tucking the sweater in the front also helps give the sweater more shape while the inverted V of the sweater hem draws the eye up elongating your legs. I should have taken a photo with the sleeves down and hem untucked to demonstrate the enormous difference these tweaks make.
A few other happy yellow pieces I love:
- These espadrilles are so classic and comfortable and love the soft yellow hue.
- An easy cotton sweater with great button details on the side.
- Wearing a caftan while lounging at home is a thing, and I love this version from Tuckernuck!
- The moment this classic lady jacket goes on sale I am snapping it up!
- Brighten cloudy days with this yellow raincoat.
- This embroidered maxi dress is still pricey even on sale, but looks comfortable enough to wear while lounging in quarantine.
- I have these leather sneakers in navy but love them in yellow even more because they’d make any blue and white outfit pop. (And they’re on major sale.)
- Gingham flats are only $50!