David and I spent one day cross-country skiing in Norway during our world trip and we loved it so much he gave me a trip to Norway as a Christmas present this year. We originally planned to cross country ski on the trails just north of Olso, but it’s been unseasonably warm (read: no snow!) so we’re going with Plan B – a ski weekend to Norefjell, the highest point in Scandinavia. Here’s what I’m packing for the 5 day, 4 night trip.
- 3 Coats – I brought this classic black parka, this green ski jacket (unfortunately hard to find in the US), and this casual checked jacket in tan. I’m also hoping to bring my faux-shearling coat (similar toggle style here, and white style here) if I can fit it in my suitcase!
- 6 Sweaters – I’m bringing SO many sweaters! I’ve been wearing this one non-stop, this one is a vintage J.Crew favorite, this one looks great under this oversized knit ( SO fabulous and almost as warm as a coat), this and this will come in handy while skiing and this one looks elegant with a skirt for dinner. Plus my trusty Dudley Stephens fleece for the plane!
- 3 Pairs of Pants – I’m just bringing a pair of denim for the plane, leather pants for a dinner, and ski pants for the slopes!
- 3 Skirts – I love wearing tights and a mini skirt in colder weather and packed this white one and a checked version ( mine is old, similar here), as well as this elegant midi skirt.
- 1 Dress – One long cashmere sweater dress seems just right for dinner (and it’s on major sale right now!)
- 2 Pairs of Shoes – I’m only bringing two pairs which is unusual for me, but I’ll be in ski boots half the time. I packed a pair of shearling boots and black knee high boots, my exact shearling pair are no longer available but you can find similar here and here.
- 3 Hats – I’m bringing this bobble beanie, this cozy headband and am excited about wearing this balaclava on the slopes!
- 3 pairs of gloves – These black gloves, Norwegian mittens (similar here) I bought last time I was in Oslo, and ski gloves as well.
- Accessories – I love using a tortoise clutch for hiding my phone at dinner, a classic belt (similar) and these sunglasses which make every ski outfit look chic!
NORWAY PACKING LIST: