You’ve asked that I share what I’m packing before I leave on a trip since sizes often sell out before I have the chance to put together a trip diary. So! Here it is – what I’m packing for two weeks in Italy. My itinerary covers 5 days in Vigevano and Lake Como with the Sarah Flint team seeing how they make their gorgeous shoes, 4 days road tripping around the Dolomites (Italian Alps) with David, then finishing up with another 4 days in Rome with one of my favorite handbag designers, Alexandra de Curtis. The weather will range from sunny and 70 degrees to almost freezing in the mountains. One of my favorite aspects of packing for a trip is realizing which pieces you just can’t live without. This season, some of my favorite and most versatile items in my wardrobe are this cashmere sweater (I have it in both colors), these jeans, these ankle boots, and this amazing coat.
Here is what I packed for 2 weeks in Italy, which all fit into a large checked suitcase, mini main duffle and this backpack. (Both of my carry-ons are from my favorite luggage brand Paravel – original blog post here!)
- 2 Coats – one in a fun color and a plaid cape (similar here)
- 3 Dresses – two sweater dresses (this one and this one) and this feather print dress looks great with booties or a classic pump.
- 5 Sweaters – ivory turtleneck, this mockneck sweater in both black and tan, ivory short sleeve, a chunky cable knit (similar)
- 3 Shirts – a crisp white button down, this elegant plaid version and a striped tissue turtleneck.
- 3 Pants – denim button fly, faux leather (the cut is so good!) , and a fun print (similar)!
- 3 Skirts – love a wool mini (similar here and here), cashmere midi and silk wrap midi!
- 1 Cashmere Scarf (Amazing for the plane!)
- 3 handbags – a red top handle (also love this color), tan top handle (similar) and navy tote
- 3 Boots – suede ankle, olive knee high, and black shearling boots (these are waterproof!)
- 2 Heels – leopard pumps and black suede pumps
This packing list would also work well for other European destinations this fall like England or France, and is also full of great outfit ideas for your Thanksgiving trips at the end of the month!