Since we’ve all had to become home chefs overnight I wanted to share some of our favorite, easy recipes in case you need some extra inspiration. Tonight we made a favorite: balsamic chicken with heirloom tomatoes. This dish is a rich and flavorful one pan wonder, and results in a delicious au jus you’ll want to have a warm loaf of bread on hand to soak up all the sauce.
While I always prefer fresh ingredients, you can easily use ingredients with long shelf lives like frozen chicken breasts, canned tomatoes, and dried basil in this recipe.
BALSAMIC CHICKEN AND HEIRLOOM TOMATOES
Prep Time 15 minutes // Cook Time – 32-40 minutes // Serves 4
- 1 – 1.5 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4-5 heirloom tomatoes (can use plum or canned roma tomatoes as well)
- 1 head garlic
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Fresh Basil or dried basil
- Salt and pepper
- Optional : baguette, warmed in the oven
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Trim fat off the chicken and lay in a baking dish.
- Chop tomatoes and toss on top of the chicken.
- Peel all garlic cloves and distribute them evenly around top of dish.
- Mix balsamic vinegar and EVOO in a glass until combined and drizzle over the dish.
- Sprinkle with basil and put in the oven for 32-40 minutes. Remove the chicken when your meat thermometer reads 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Salt and pepper to taste and serve with your favorite warm baguette!
SHOP THE LOOK: