A spicy summer favorite just in time for Cinco de Mayo!
Spicy Jalapeño Margarita Recipe
Makes 1 drink
- 2 oz silver tequila
- 3/4 oz triple sec
- 3/4 oz fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons jalapeño simple syrup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- garnish: 1 lime + 1 jalapeno
- Combine salt and cayenne on a small plate. Use a cut lime to rim the edge of your cocktail glass and roll the wet rim in the mixture until it’s coated all the way around.
- In a separate glass, combine tequila, triple sec, simple syrup, fresh lime juice and 2 jalapeño slices. Add ice and stir for 5-10 seconds.
- Strain into the rimmed glass and add a fresh ice cube. Garnish with a lime wheel and 2 jalapeño slices. Enjoy!
Jalapeño Simple Syrup
Bring 1 cup water to a boil. Add 1 sliced jalapeño and 1 cup sugar and stir for 2 minutes until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature. Strain out jalapeños and transfer to a container with a lid. (If you want it even spicier you can keep the jalapeño pieces in for longer.) Can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 weeks.