It’s officially the middle of August and fall will be here before we know it. If you’re thinking about giving your wardrobe a little end of season refresh, the late summer sales are a great time to invest in year-round wardrobe staples at incredible prices as well as pick up special designer pieces at deep discounts. I’ve done the hard work for you and rounded up my favorite sale picks from some of my go-to retailers, featuring everything from pajamas to designer dresses.
- I’m obsessed with tweed lady jackets this season and this ivory version from Tory Burch is ::chef’s kiss::!
- I love the print on this smocked dress as we head into fall.
- I’ve had my eye on this fleece jacket for my morning walks with Darcy and love the fun color combo that still feels autumnal.
- I love the many permutations of Tory’s Lee bag including this multicolored tan version (perfect year-round), this cozy sherpa version.
- The best price I’ve ever seen on my favorite tennis skirt – pair with this frivolous cardigan to be the most fabulous girl on the courts.
- Sized up in this tennis dress to fit my baby belly (honestly cute to wear around town even if I’m not playing!)
- Everyone needs at least one bow neck blouse and I love this this silk one one in black and white and this scalloped white one.
- A pleated silk skirt is such a wardrobe staple and I love all the colors in this one, which will pair with almost any color sweater. (Add heeled knee high boots for such a chic look!)
- I don’t know if I’ll be able to ski this winter but bought this chic chevron cashmere turtleneck just in case. (It will be perfect for apres ski gatherings at the very least!)
- I wish they had this blue and white plaid silk skirt still available in my size (also pretty in red plaid)!
- This denim midi dress is a great late summer early fall piece and will work for so many occasions.
- Thinking of buying this plaid pleated dress since a reviewer said it looks great with a baby bump!
- Everyone needs a classic tan trench coat for fall so if you’re on the hunt check out this knee length one or this chic shorter version.
- The oversized proportions of this cashmere wrap/scarf are so luxurious. Snap one up to use as a lux scarf over your tweed blazer, or as a wrap over your dress for dinners out. (Only $140 right now.)
- Navy and white breton sweaters are an easy way to transition from summer to fall, and I love this 100% cotton rollneck (only $70 but size up for the best fit) or this sexy henley version.
- Wearing cute pajamas has always been important to me for feeling put together in the evenings/mornings and I just re-bought this light blue nightgown version in a size up to wear for the next few months of pregnancy. (Monogram it for a cute gift idea!)
- Lots of classic wardrobe staples are a part of J.Crew’s wear-now sale, so now’s the time to make sure you have essentials like a chambray shirt, blue striped button down (size up for the best fit) and a classic striped boatneck.
- Several of the belts I’ve been raving about are now on major sale! This scarf belt is my #1 recommendation (create countless looks with different scarves!), as well as this bow belt and this pretty taupe version.
- Last fall I feel like I discovered the joys of cashmere shawl scarves (for example) and am eyeing this beautiful tan and blue cashmere scarf which would look amazing with the J.Crew tan trench above or a tweedy blazer! I have my eye on one from Hermes as well but this one is 1/4 the price (and the colors will work autumn through spring!)
- I have these block heeled sandals in 4 colors they’re just so good and the black suede ones ( are perfect for fall events. (You can stand for hours in them and your feet will still feel great!)
- The cream and brown flats pictured above are on sale for 30% off and look fab with everything from mini dresses to jeans! (Size up 1/2 size!)
- I have a pair of sling backs in this chocolate plaid and they go with so many fall outfits (examples here and here) but also love the ballet flat version as well (only $180!). That ballet flat is also on major sale in this dressy navy jacquard (on sale for $199) which is such a pretty evening flat that would look great with everything from jeans to trousers to a little black dress! I own SF ballet flats in 3 colors and they are the most comfortable shoe Sarah Flint makes!
- If you’re thinking of dressing your dining table for fall as well this green floral tablecloth and the coordinating napkins are my most used set are a great foundation for autumnal dinner parties. (See my table from years past here and here!) Just makes me want to bake a pie!
Designer styles at deep discounts from across the web, but only a few left of each!
- I’m obsessed with Erdem and always look for a dress to add to my collection from the end of season sales. I love this dress and this one which are similar to mine here.
- Love this gorgeous white eyelet skirt, which can be worn with brown suede accessories to carry into October.
- One pair left of these amazing statement Oscar de la Renta trousers!
- I love this black and gold paisley top with a pair of black cigarette pants, gold earrings and heels!
- A silk blouse is always classy and the neutral print on this one is so good!
- Nili Lotan sweaters are my guilty pleasure and I wish they had this black cable turtleneck in my size!
- I love the yummy caramel color and vintage collar on this cashmere sweater.
- This cozy cable knit sweater dress is only $255 and would look so good with a belt and pair of pointy toe boots!
- Ok, also love this cable knit polo dress – perhaps with a thin leather belt and these ballet flats.
- Bucket bags just feel like fall to me and I love the rich autumnal hue of this one.
- These blue velvet Manolos will be in your closet forever, whether you’re a bride in search of something blue or just thinking ahead to holiday parties!
- Speaking of brides, these white hanigsi flats would be beautiful for all your wedding festivities!
- This effortless white dress (last seen here) would look fab with a chunky cable knit cardigan into autumn.
- This floral linen wrap dress is sooooo elegant and flattering, scoop it up on sale now to wear during a warm weather vacation this winter!
- JMcL makes so many wonderful straw handbags (I have at least 5!) and now you can snag them for up to 40% off. I own and love this and this, and also like the look of this one and this clutch.
- Not straw, but this chocolate leather bag with a bamboo handle is so chic and works year-round!
- I love this preppy chambray caftan. You still have at least a month to wear it then save it for next summer plus they bring it back every year so why not snag it on sale?
- I own these tortoise cat eye sunglasses and love them! On sale for $80!