Now that I have less control over my schedule with a newborn baby, I’m constantly looking for quick, nutritious, and easy breakfast options to start the day. While I generally love a smoothie for packing in the protein and fiber, sometimes making them just takes a tiny bit too much effort with a baby in my arms. This chia pudding can be made in advance, then simply scooped into a bowl and topped with your favorite berries for a super nutritious breakfast full of protein and fiber — tit also tastes like a decadent chocolate pudding that’s good enough to serve for dessert! (I linked a few articles to the ingredients below for more information on their health benefits!)
Double Chocolate Chia Pudding Recipe
Makes 3-4 servings
- 1 3/4 – 2 cups almond milk (less if you want it thick, more if you want it to be more like pudding)
- 2 scoops chocolate protein powder (I use Be Well by Kelly‘s)
- 2 heaping tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- coconut flakes and raspberries for garnish
- Blend almond milk, protein powder, cocoa powder, cinnamon, and vanilla together in a blender (I like the nutribullet) until perfectly smooth and foamy about 10 to 15 seconds.
- Put chia seeds in a glass food storage container. (We use these.) Slowly pour in chocolate almond milk, stirring with a spoon as you go. Let rest for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally to incorporate the chia seeds as they will be absorbing liquid and puffing up.
- Cover and store in the fridge for for six hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve, spoon desired portion into a bowl and top with coconut and berries. Enjoy!