As the temperatures dip I’m reaching for my favorite jackets and coats on a daily basis, and it should come as no surprise that some of my most worn pieces are from J.Crew. Many of their coats are so timeless they’ve been making the same style for decades, and are worthy investments as you build you wardrobe. (I’ve relied on J.Crew coats since college, and love that they still make the same styles today!) This weekend, J.Crew is offering $100 off most outerwear styles, which means you can round out your wardrobe for a fraction of the usual price. Below I’ve linked my favorite styles I have in my wardrobe right now, as well as a few others that are worth a look.
- Let’s start with this gorgeous black and brown plaid topcoat which I purchased for our anniversary trip to Nantucket. I’ve waxed poetic on how much I love wearing brown and black together and this coat is the perfect peice to pull together any black/brown outfit. It runs true to size and has a nice slim cut for a topcoat, and the weave is beautiful – very Ralph Lauren. As a part of J.Crew’s higher end “Collection” it’s just beautifully done, and currently $100 off. Truly a piece you’ll cherish for years to come.
- We all need a barn coat or waxed jacket hanging on our coat rack to throw on this time of year and J.Crew makes two that I own and love. This solid waxed version (as seen here) is currently on sale for $98 (!) and is such a staple I’ve already featured it many times since purchasing it last month. The second is this handsome tattersall check (seen here) which is not a part of the sale, but I’ve been wearing it so often it deserves an honorable mention.
- Quilted jackets are another fall go-to, and this lightweight version with a corduroy collar is a wonderful longer cut that makes any sweater/jean combo feel instantly cozy. (Also looks great over a sweater/ mini skirt!) Currently on sale for $150, I own and love the chocolate version as seen here.
- The chateau parka was one of my first J.Crew coats and I own it in gray (seen here) and black (seen here). I love the casual fit for outdoor activities from apple picking to aprés ski gatherings.
- Every closet needs a red coat and J.Crew’s lady coat has been a favorite style since it was first introduced by J.Crew in 2001. The ladylike, streamlined silhouette is perfect for fall and winter events, and is lined with thinsulate to keep you warm all winter.
- I love the look of this double breasted topcoat which looks so sharp with gold buttons. Perfect for throwing over workwear and eveningwear alike!