The Labor Day sales are officially off and running – with lots of deals on timeless wardrobe staplesand special investment pieces alike. If you’re feeling overwhelmed on where to start I’ve gone through my own closet and rounded up my favorite items I own and love that are on sale this weekend. Plus I’ve served up a healthy dose of style inspiration on how to wear each piece linking to past daily looks.
Read on for my wardrobe favorites I own and love on sale!
The J.Crew Labor Day sale is amazing (40% off almost everything!) and I already got my order and tried things on. These are my must-have pieces:
- This waxed barn jacket is only $118 and already bound to be a fall favorite (seen here). If you haven’t bought it already you must! (I ordered my normal size and it has a roomy fit great for layering over sweaters.)
- This checked blazer is the same style as this one I bought last year and beautifully made and the perfect neutral check. It’s on sale for $208, and based on last year I expect it won’t be available for a better price until the very end of the season. Order your normal size to wear over button downs or thin sweaters, or size up one if you want the option to wear chunkier knits underneath like I did here.
- This leather and suede tote in chocolate is so gorgeous in person, and for $148 it might just be the perfect fall everyday tote.
- This blue and white cotton shirtdress looks so much more expensive than it’s price tag due to the flattering pleats and drop shoulder sleeve. (Seen here!)
- This silk cashmere striped henley sweater is only $106! and the neckline looks great under blazers. It’s very fitted so I’d recommend sizing up.
- These cognac suede boots are total winners and will be on heavy rotation with relaxed jeans and chunky sweaters this fall.
Sarah Flint sales styles are an extra 25% off until midnight tonight (Sunday, Sept 3rd) if you use code “SUNSET25”. Here are some of my favorite styles I have in my personal collection:
- These gold block heel sandals almost never go on sale but they’re the kind of shoe you can bring on vacation and wear with almost everything. (Seen here and here.)
- This block heeled “emma” pump in a deep red suede is super versatile, and looks great with everything from relaxed fit jeans, to a mini skirt to a shift dress for work. They’re walk-all-day comfortable and I have a few pairs in different colors and prints as seen here and here.
- Get ready for all the parties and events at the end of the year with these embellished black suede pumps. I have 7 pairs of these “perfect pumps” in 85mm heel height and different materials because they are super comfortable and make your legs look amazing.
- The perfect transitional sandal, the rich leathers on this mule (seen here) will help transition your white summer dresses into fall effortlessly.
- A recent addition to my collection, I love these cream and brown ombre flats (as seen here). They’ll compliment a variety of browns in your closet from sand to chestnut and I love their leg lengthening effect.
- One of the gorgeous belts I’ve been raving about is now only $150 and comes in camel/cream or black/white.
- This camel hair warp cardigan was a favorite last fall/winter and is currently an extra 25% off! Wear over a button down (pop the collar) or a matching turtleneck like I did here.
- A tartan ruana (seen here) looks great belted over a button down, a turtleneck sweater or blazer and I love the black watch version paired with all black. So chic! (Or go for solid black ruana over a camel or winter white look!)
- This wool/cashmere tennis sweater is so fabulous and cozy and currently 50% off! (Seen here.)
- I loved the subtle duck pattern on this bow tie blouse. I have the dress version and it looks smart under a blazer as seen here.
- The chain print on this silk blouse feels lux and looks great under blazers or paired with high waisted denim. (As seen here!)
- These funnel neck fleeces (seen here) have been perfect for sunset cruises on the boat or nights out by the fire pit and will be a go-to for outdoor activities come fall.
- This dress I wore in Paris (seen here) is so flattering – whether you’re pregnant or not – and is on sale in a bright red or stone color both of which are great for fall and beyond. (I mean the red with knee high boots for apple picking – so good.)
- These tortoise sunglasses (seen here) are very flattering and look very similar to my Prada pair for 1/5 the price!
- I love this ladylike dress so much I have it in three colors (seen here, here and here) and I found it on sale with an extra 20% off (use code “EXTRA20”) here!) You can wear it year round by just changing up the accessories.
- Only a few left but I wore these jacquard pants so many times last winter (for example). They run a tad small.
- I bought this chevron turtleneck a couple weeks ago and it is the softest yummiest cashmere. It will look fab with a navy peacoat and on the slopes this winter, even if I only wear it for apres ski!
- My luggage is on major sale this weekend! I take my Aviator Carry On and the Aviator Grand Checked Luggage on almost every trip
- I generally hate logos, but this sweater looks like a lucky vintage find and I absolutely love it! (Seen here.)
Tove Dress (on sale in cream!)
Sarah Flint Black Suede Perfect Pumps c/o (sold out, love this version on sale)